This was a particularly timely Thing as my work computer was recently upgraded to Windows 7, effectively deleting all my bookmarks (so far as I can tell). So, recreating them was going to be necessary anyway. Of course, that meant I had to skip Step 3 (importing bookmarks) as I had none to import.
And given that we tend to desk-hop around here, making bookmarks portable was already on my "to do" list. (The one of items I never really intend to get to.)
I managed to remember about a dozen of my more frequently used websites, so I added them. My delicious website is here: http://delicious.com/EAChase
I actually look forward to adding more as I need them (thus triggering my memory) and having quick access to them when I'm at my usual desk (off floor), working reference (on the floor), working from home (rare, but not unheard of), and possibly even when travelling. (Now I can place ILL requests from anywhere!)
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment