Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiny URL & YouSendIt (FPL 23 Things)

Tiny URL:

I've tried to make this fun, so here are some tiny URLs linking to comics that I intended to put in our 23 Things blog posts, but forgot about at the appropriate time:

http://tinyurl.com/mggtwitter
http://tinyurl.com/mgglibcard

So easy! I really love the "custom alias" feature. So, if I ever get into Twitter I'll make the best use of my 140 characters.

YouSendIt

I received a file via YouSendIt from a coworker trying this out before I had a chance to try it myself. I must say, it was simple. Very intuitive. I sent myself a file, too, just so I could see both ends of the process. It was odd to have a progress bar that didn't progress during the upload process, but otherwise, it couldn't have been easier.

In summary:

While I don't see much need for these tools in my personal (or professional) life at the moment, I think that knowing about them is useful. I can certainly see myself demonstrating YouSendIt to a library user who's trying to start a small business and needs to send large files to a client. And the KISS rule for today could be "keep is SHORT...." Great for sharing links via social media outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment