
I created this image on the "Comic Strip Generator" page. The library of images to choose from seemed fairly limited, but it was free.
This seems like an easy Thing, so here's another:

I also played with the "Captioner" on Big Huge Labs, but couldn't find a way to make the caption smaller than the default size. Since it was larger than my photo, it didn't work out too well.
On the one hand, it's amazing how much is available out there. For free! On the other hand, I can just see myself suddenly having a great idea, but then not being able to track down exactly what I want. (This happens to me a lot. I have a picture in my head, but don't have the artistic skills to render it myself, and can't find where anyone else has converted a similar version into some sort of reality.)
The other thought that this little adventure brought to mind is the question of categorization. Sometimes helpful, sometimes not. Seems like it depends entirely on how much you think like the person who created the categories. And somehow crafty things (and what are mashups and generated images but the digital version of crafts) bring out the worst of this.
An index, my queendom for an index!

No comments:
Post a Comment