I'm pleased to learn about it as a resource. I can see myself going back and using it for research on topics that are too recent to be in print yet. Or, as a way to look at recent trends in library-related areas.
I'm hoping that some of the results that came up when I did an exact phrase search for "23 Things" will come in handy was we develop our own 23 Things program at work. (I rather doubt all the blog entries from the amazingly wide world of 23 Things participants will qualify, though.)
I found the tags and subjects useful as a starting point for thinking about terms to search. But most of them were broader in scope than I'd want to wade through or subscribe to. And I'd really like it if there was a way to limit the job openings to only appearing in the relevant feed and not showing up in the results of other queries.
While I found some items of interest, my overall feeling was that the quality of what I found did not exceed the cost in time to find it. So, I don't think LibWorm will infiltrate my daily life the way blog readers and Facebook have. But I will keep it in mind for research on an as-needed basis.

No comments:
Post a Comment