Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thing 22 - Developing Your Own 23 Things

I did this 23 Things because our library was already discussing doing our own 23 Things when the opportunity arose, and it seemed like a good way not to have to create a program from scratch.  (Isn't it great that librarians love to share?! ) 

We plan to recycle (we try to be a green library) a lot of the Things from this North Texas version.  However, we are making some changes.  We'll use LinkedIn instead of Ning.  We're skipping Flickr Mashups and Image Generators altogether in favor of a few more "productivity" technologies (like You Send It and Tiny URL) and entertainment technologies (like Pandora, last.fm, and Hulu).  The latter we'll use to spark discussion about the future of information and entertainment delivery--a vital concern for libraries.

Our 23 Things will be a little slower paced since I just couldn't keep up--and I have more flexibility with my assignments at work than most of the staff.  We hope that will encourage more to participate.  (It's not going to be mandatory.)

Wish us luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment