My favorite things: Blog readers, Delicious
My least favorite things: Ning, LibWorm
Easiest things: Twitter, Digg
Most difficult things: Mashups, Instant Messaging (I cheated and used Facebook chat)
Things I want to use more personally: Google Docs
Things I want to see used professionally at my job: Wikis, podcasts
I think the biggest take-away for me was that most of these technologies are pretty simple to use--once you get out there and play with them for awhile to get a feel for how they work. Most things on the web are created for non-technical users. You don't have to be a programmer to use them! This is the lesson I hope I can instill in the rest of the staff to encourage them to participate in our 23 Things.
What Things do I think we'll be using at our library? Well, we've just started a blog; I hope that more staff will begin contributing reviews to our LibraryThing for Library application; I'd love to see wikis for internal use and podcasts and/or YouTube videos for outreach. Maybe our 23 Things participants will be inspired. I hope so!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment